星期二, 2月 28, 2006

About this day

A tragic incident happened fifty-nine year ago separeted the whole nation into two types of people, local and foreign; however in my opinon it is actually a conflict between the authority and civilians. The white terror comes after it caused this incident being unspeakable for many years. Thus building up the hatred between local and foreign. Historical facts were finally revealed only recently, and becomming a national holiday. I have not a clue about this incedent until a discussion in freshmen year class, that was in the year of 1996.

A truly sad tragic day that should be remembered and be mournful. However when it comes to politics, things have gone a little out of hand. Political parties took advantages of this hatred, emphasizing the differences of the two groups as a propaganda to win votes. In reality, local or foreign, past or present, there are only authority and civilians. So instead of learning from history, progress and move on, we are still fighting "we locals" and "you foreigners". After all these years, how many "foreigners" are not born in Taiwan?!

Being a what I called "hybrid", growing up with knowing many types of cultures, I see all these meaningless. So what shall I do?

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes" from Ghost in the Shell- Stand Alone Complex, says it all.