星期四, 8月 18, 2005

Barista

It might not seem so difficult to be a barista in other people's eyes, especially in a franchise chain company. Believe me, this is not the case in a little shop like Little Italy!

First of all, the burden of reputation. It took six years to establish such a reputation that might ruin in just one night, by me. Just think of that! This is completely different compare to the stand at Ping-Shi. Being a barista in THE Little Italy, you'll have to deal with frequently visited customers who have known THE taste for years, and picky new customers came by to check up.

Now, yesterday is a perfect example of Murphy's Law. When you wish it's a "iced latte day", you get an "espresso day"!! Seven orders of espresso a day for a rookie is just too much, especially three of these orders came from the same so-called "picky unknown costomer"!! Moreover, this rookie barista is a former "very picky customer".

But thanks to this guy that I have experienced the happiest moment a barista can ever get! "Your espresso today is very good." That's something I'll never forget!!

Finally, there is Jason. I totaly failed his expectation last night. Accidentaly, he paid for the crap. Now, I owe him bigtime. This is a debt I tend to return in no time!